Saturday, January 14, 2006

P2 Grades are out!

On Wednesday, I wrote the Spanish placement/exemption exam and thought I did worse than my first attempt in September. To my great surprise, I got 71.5%, which means I have met the INSEAD language requirement and am once step closer to obtaining my MBA.

I have been very anxious to get my P2 grades back. I am proud to report that I have made the Dean’s List, which means that I am in the top 10-15% of the promotion. The Dean’s List is the only information you can disclose to employers regarding academic performance because of the grade non-disclosure policy. (explained in detail in a previous post) Some companies, namely consultancies, are big fans of academic achievement, and I suspect being on the list will improve my chances at securing interviews. Hopefully, I can keep this up until graduation.

4 comments:

Parsh said...

I was surprised to learn that even in INSEAD there is importance to grades. I thought at least in top schools its not there.
Also non disclosure of grades policy, sounds interesting.Does that mean that if you are not in the top 10-15 % of dean list then it dosent matter whether you are in top 30% or top 90%.

Anyways congrates on your success.

Parsh
NUS MBA student

PGuy said...

Oli: Holy feck...Dean's List...well done!

Parsh: You are correct. Between failing and the Dean's List it's called The Country Club...a very nice place to be!

Olivier said...

Although I had never heard the term "Country club" here in Singapore, it is indeed the least stressful place to be. You don't have to worry about failing, yet you don't stress out about doing above average... Now I have to keep geeking away instead of cruising through the rest of the programme. As Pguy so skillfully described, as long as you don't fail or are too far below Dean's List zone, there is nothing you can do to improve your situation as far as on-campus recruiting is ooncerned, so you might as well take it easy and enjoy life!

Olivier said...

As soon as you see "academic achievement" as a requirement or asset on a company's career website, you can guess that they are fond of Dean's list... Almost all banks and the consulting firms value academic achievement, although I'm not sure at what point it reflects your ability to be a good consultant or banker.