Saturday, January 14, 2006

P3 has begun

The first week of P3 is now finished. Since I returned from America, I have been going to bed before 11pm every night, except Monday night, when I went out to Indochine at Empress Place to meet the students arriving from Fontainebleau.

I have had a taste of the almost all new classes. The IT management class is an absolute bore so far, but I find the readings quite interesting. Finance seems pretty interesting, as we apply the concepts we learned in the previous class to more complicated examples. Venture opportunities and business models seems quite interesting, and we will meet actual entrepreneurs almost every week. Political analysis and mergers and acquisitions have not started yet. Last but not least, social entrepreneurship is extremely interesting, as we discuss how to make money and improve society at the same time. Topics include micro-finance in developing countries, and I can relate very much with my experience in Tanzania. On Thursday, we had a teleconference with one of the founders of the Grameen Bank, the famous microfinance scheme in Bangladesh which inspired similar ventures around the world, as well as a businessman starting a bank aimed at the poor citizens of Pakistan.

On Friday night, we had a BBQ at Heritage.

No comments: